Monday, January 18, 2010

Dare I say Inspired?



Third assignment from Intro to 3d Modeling- Standing and waving. And the reference video for it.


I've had a million thoughts going through my head. A million disconnected thoughts. Euphoric, skeptic, relentless, homesick, etc. etc.

(It's still hard to fathom that those I love are oceans away from me. It's not a depressing thought or anything. Just sometimes overwhelming. I miss my dog.)

Anyways. As far as I, as an artist, am concerned, I am sorry to say that my challenge with myself of making one drawing everyday has to be modified a little. :P There just isn't the time. With all the school work, dealing with my parents' mails that are now forwarded to my school address, and general college stuff. When I do get the free time, I need to work on my internship applications. And if not, get some sleep. Or take some time out to eat... you know...food.

But it's still in the back of my head. Creative outlet. Must happen.

So, my new crush - AfterEffects!! I'm working on a film made entirely in AfterEffects right now. It's our first assignment using the software in my 2D Computer Animation class, and it is, dare I say, coming out quite nicely! Of course, having just come out of 5 weeks of work on Flash, I can't help but be hesitant and nervous that something absurd will happen to my animation and I will feel like hiding under my covers. But so far so good. Knock on wood! And I'm excited that it is going to be an actual film. Not making a character dance across the screen without its limbs flying in the opposite direction (that's Flash for you! Or for me rather). Those assignments are nice. But I've felt so...deprived... not having made a proper film in a long long time. Since last Spring actually.

It's the time of the quarter when the syllabi wrench your lungs (ok, maybe I'm exaggerating), but honestly honestly- I have a lot to get accomplished this week.

I'm thinking of concentrating in American Sign Language now. Before it was Archaeology. And before that it was Writing Studies. And way before that it was Mathematics.

=) SO many opportunities in college.

Oh! And my typewriter from modeling class is actually going to be in a film! In a senior thesis! I don't know how much screenspace my lovely sanskrit typewriter (although I'm pretty sure they'll change the sanskrit trait of it) will get in the movie, but it is exciting enough for me that it will exist in real time. =)

Okay. Ethics and then good night.

Until then, gaze at the main character of my soon to be finished AfterEffects film:

No comments: