Monday, September 20, 2010

expression. music. rhythm.


Bhava Raga Tala from Shreyasi Das on Vimeo.

My one quarter film from sophomore year! Finally! Took me 10 weeks to do- I based it off of Bharatanatyam, a classical Indian dance form that makes use of sculpturesque poses. Natyam means dance, and Bharata is derived from the Sanskrit words, bhava, raga and tala which literally means expression, music and rhythm. The film was screened at the High Street Film Festival in Rochester.

I like how it turned out, but it wasn't as challenging as I would have liked it to be. (Hail the two-quarter!)

But here's what Bharatanatyam is actually like, so you can see what exactly I experimented with. I used the poses to match up with a different kind of music not traditionally used for this kind of a dance.


No comments:

Post a Comment