Friday, September 3, 2010

a new beginning

The safety instruction monologues by airplane stewardesses are ringing in my head in all languages right now. I'm off for a ride, and I don't know what it's going to be like and it's shamelessly frightening!!

I like, at the end of of a period of time, or seasons in this case, to say that I've accomplished something. So by the end of the summer, I think I can safely say I've got a better grasp at the concept of rigging than I did before. On my second go, I think I made a decent rig for a really rough representation of my character for my next film.




There were a bunch of crazy problems that got me all frustrated and then I figured out solutions to them and felt elated, but then it lead to other problems, which I fixed again, messed up again, yadeyada.. But in the end, I think it turned out to work well. I mean, I was able to animate a really quick walk cycle with it without facing any problems (except for the shape and dimensions of the character which was very distracting and got in the way). And it also helped me learn how a rig that I build works, in comparison to the rigs I am used to working with.































And lookit that mustache test!!


Hopefully, now that I've gone through this, the process will be much smoother when I finally do it on the final character.

Wish me luck!! I have homework already!

No comments:

Post a Comment